Coolsculpting is an innovative cosmetic procedure that uses the FDA approved Cryolipolysis technique to reduce (or remove) localized fat pockets in areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise: These areas include the hips (love handles) and lower abdomen (muffin top).
What to Expect During a Coolsculpting Procedure
- Once you are in position, the technician applies a proprietary coupling gel to the skin of the area being treated (e.g., love handles or muffin top).
- A vacuum pulls the tissue up between two panels. These panels are cool.
- The tissue remains between these panels from 30 to 60 minutes.
- When this tissue is exposed to these cooling panels, an inflammatory response is induced.
- This inflammatory response causes the fat cells in the area being treated to die.
Results are not necessarily instant; however, as the body heals it absorbs these dead fat cells.
Once the body completes its healing process, the majority of people notice the areas treated with Coolsculpting have a skin fat reduction of about 20 percent.
Evidence suggests that this removal of fat cells may last up to two years.
What to Expect During the Recovery Process
Following a Coolsculpting treatment, individuals may experience:
What Coolsculpting is Not
Several studies have explored the possibility of using Coolsculpting for weight loss or to address obesity; however, these studies indicate that there is no metabolic improvement following a treatment with Coolsculpting. Therefore, this procedure is best suited for an individual of normal weight, who just needs to address skin fat in resistant areas of the body.
If you want to learn more about Coolsculpting, or any other cosmetic procedure available at the Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa in Baton Rouge, contact our office at (225) 366-6960 today (Se Habla Español).