In late 2010, the media brought Zeltiq’s innovative CoolSculpting technology to the forefront. Since then, CoolSculpting has taken the world of body-contouring by storm. CoolSculpting is a groundbreaking non-surgical procedure that re-contours the body by effectively destroying fat cells. Once these fat cells are destroyed, the body eliminates them via the urination process. In addition, just as with liposuction, the body does not replace these fat cells after they are removed from the body. Moreover, the CoolSculpting procedure is less expensive than a liposuction procedure is.
10 Things You May Not Hear About CoolSculpting in the Media
1. CoolSculpting is not an extremely painful procedure; however, as the vacuum grabs the fat and skin, some patients are uncomfortable. This usually only lasts for the first 5 to 15 minutes of the procedure.
2. The RealSelf Worth It Rating finds that 7 in 10 people who had a CoolSculpting treatment would do it again.
3. The length of time for a CoolSculpting treatment depends on the number of areas being treated. Each area takes approximately an hour; therefore, an individual who is having two CoolSculpting procedures should expect the treatment to last approximately two hours. Keep in mind that the lower abdominal area is considered as two. In addition, each hip (love handle) counts as a separate area.
4. A CoolSculpting procedure is not designed to improve the elasticity of the skin; in fact, if the area being treated already has sagging skin, the additional fat removal may make the loose skin more noticeable.
5. Directly following a CoolSculpting procedure, the area treated will look as if it has a stick of butter lying beneath the skin. The technicians will massage the area until it subsides. One member of RealSelf wrote this about the way the skin looked following a CoolSculpting treatment: It looked as if there were a one-pound piece of salmon beneath the skin.
6. Even though CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure individuals can experience soreness. This soreness is similar to that felt following a rigorous workout. Other symptoms may include tingling, bruising and swelling in the areas that were treated. These symptoms can last from several days to a few weeks.
7. One CoolSculpting procedure can reduce the fat in the treated area by as much as 25 percent. Additional treatments can continue to reduce the amount of fat in these areas by as much as that same amount.
8. Following one CoolSculpting procedure some individuals may not notice much of a difference; however, many of these individuals find success with a CoolSculpting treatment the second time around.
9. Full results are usually visible within 2 to 3 months. Some individuals see results within weeks; whereas, others may not see full results for up to 6 months.
10. Even once an individual has a CoolSculpting treatment, he or she needs to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Although weight gain in the areas treated with CoolSculpting is unlikely, the other areas of the body where fat cells remain are capable of becoming larger.
If you are interested in learning more about the non-invasive procedures available in Baton Rouge, contact The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa today and schedule your complimentary initial consultation. Our staff is dedicated to helping clients improve the way they look and feel.