Xeomin A Highly Purified Neurotoxin:
Xeomin is the newest form of botulinum toxin used to eliminate wrinkles on the upper face. It is a pure protein without added accessory proteins, lessening the likelihood of antibody buildup. Therefore, Xeomin eliminates the “immunity” concern; and it should not become less effective with repeat treatments. Xeomin is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum serotype A. Like Botox and Dysport, Xeomin works by inhibiting the release of acetylcholine resulting in muscles that are less contracted, hence less wrinkled.
Xeomin’s effects are confined to where it is injected; therefore treating one area will not affect others. Results can be seen about 7 days post treatment and can last about 4 months (both equivalent to Botox).
Dr. Feldman injects Xeomin into the muscles on the upper face. Dr. Feldman can eliminate the horizontal lines of your forehead that make you look old and worried. He can minimize the vertical frown lines between your eyebrows (the “11” lines) that can result in an angry expression. He also injects Xeomin into the lines around the outer corners of your eyes (the crow’s feet) to diminish wrinkling there. He can inject Xeomin into a creased chin to make it smooth. He can also inject Xeomin into the outer eyebrows to raise them, “opening up” a hooded eye. H can even inject Xeomin into the skin below the nose to raise a nasal tip that is “drooping.”
Pre – Injection instructions:
Stop taking medication that can thin the blood – A week before you get Xeomin injections, stop taking:
- Ibuprofen, either generic or Advil, Aleve, or Motrin
- St. John’s Wart
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil or Omega-3s
- Ginko Bilboa
This will minimize any potential for bruising. If you have to take pain medication, Tylenol is okay.
1. Do not participate in any vigorous activities, such as working out or yoga, or anything straining for 6 hours after treatment.
2. Do not rub, touch, massage, or manipulate the treated area for 24 hours after treatment.
3. Avoid taking Advil, Tylenol and Vitamin E in order to reduce the risk of bruising.
4. Avoid facials or sauna for 4 hours after treatment.
5. Avoid unnecessary facial expressions for 4 hours after treatment to prevent uneven spread of Xeomin.
6. If you need to apply makeup within 4 hours after your treatment, only use gentle touch to avoid rubbing the treat areas. Enjoy our complimentary make-up “touch-up” at the clinic before you leave.