VelaShape is a revolutionary device that is approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) as a treatment to reduce the circumference of and reduce the appearance of cellulite in numerous areas.
VelaShape is a safe, non-surgical approach to cellulite treatment and circumferential reduction. This technology combines powerful energies of radio frequency and infared light to reduce volume and appearance of fat cells by precisely targeting and heating fatty tissues within the treatment area.
Areas that are frequently treated using the revolutionary device include:
This innovative device utilizes three sources at one time to reduce the appearance of cellulite and decrease an area’s circumference. At The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa located in Baton Rouge, all three sources are utilized simultaneously during a single treatment. These sources are vacuum-based massage rollers, infrared heat and radio frequency.
VelaShape uses mechanical rollers, a vacuum and radio frequency light to break down fat through the creation of heat; thus, allowing the body to eliminate the fat naturally. During a treatment in Baton Rouge, as the vacuum pulls the skin up and the rollers kneed the area, the breakdown of fat is hastened.
The end result is smoother skin and smaller circumference in the areas treated. The number and frequency of treatments a client needs is determined during his or her initial consultation.
The cost of a VelaShape treatment is relatively inexpensive. At The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa located in Baton Rouge, the cost of a treatment depends on the number and extent of the areas receiving treatment.
These treatments are ideal for individuals in Baton Rouge who want to improve their appearance prior to the hot days of summer or an upcoming special occasion.
This procedure is a completely pain-free, a VelaShape treatment is actually a relaxing, warm and comfortable experience at The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa located in Baton Rouge. In fact, the majority of our clients doze off during their treatment: According to clients, a treatment feels like a warm massage.
1. When you arrive at The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa, you will most likely need to change into a treatment gown. Once changed, you are taken to a treatment room.
2. You will lie on the VelaShape treatment table and your technician will provide you with a cover-up or drape to ensure you remain comfortable during your treatment.
3. Once you are comfortable, the technician applies a lotion-type spray to the areas on your skin being treated with the VelaShape device; initially, this spray may feel cold. However, this does not last for long.
4. Following the application of the spray, the machine head is placed on the area being treated. You should expect a rolling, massage type feeling.
5. As the machine continues massaging, the heat sensation begins. The VelaShape device uses a back and forth movement.
6. Your technician will apply slight pressure while he or she guides the hand piece in circles, as well as up and down in the areas receiving treatment; in addition, your technician will keep track of the tissues’ temperature, optimally, the tissue in the treatment area should range between 107 and 111 degrees Fahrenheit.
The lotion clients receive following their VelaShape procedure should be used as directed. This lotion contains ingredients designed to compromise the fat cells and encourage them to shrink.
Anyone who is interested in a non-invasive procedure like VelaShape to address areas of their bodies they would like to improve or other non-invasive procedures available to address the signs of aging, should contact The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa.