Following pregnancy, countless women are left with excess fat and a protruding abdomen; in addition, individuals who lose a substantial amount of weight can also experience overstretched abdomens and excess abdominal fat. An abdominoplasty, which is also referred to as a tummy tuck, is a procedure that Dr. Thomas Guillot performs at The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa in Baton Rouge. A tummy tuck is designed to flatten and contour an individual’s waist and abdomen; therefore, a tummy tuck is an excellent procedure for an individual who has excess fat and skin in the abdominal area.
Tummy Tuck, abdominoplasty removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen. The procedure helps to flatten and contour the abdomen and waist. Women with stretched abdominal areas due to pregnancies, massive weight loss and loose skin can benefit considerably from abdominoplasty.
A tummy tuck removes excess fat and loose skin on the abdomen. In addition, during a tummy tuck with Dr. Guillot at his facility in Baton Rouge, he can tighten the muscles within the abdominal wall. A tummy tuck is not specifically designed to remove stretch marks; however, stretch marks that are located on the excised skin are removed.
A generally obese individual is not considered a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure; however, if you are slender, but have excess fat and loose skin on your lower abdomen, consider inquiring about a tummy tuck with Dr. Guillot at The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa in Baton Rouge.
1. Has pregnancy, weight fluctuations, prior surgical procedures, the aging process and/or genetics left you with excess skin and a flabby abdomen?
2. Are your abdominal muscles weak?
3. Are you unhappy with the appearance of your abdomen?
4. Does the way you feel about the contour of your stomach negatively affect your self-esteem?
5. Have you done everything you can to eliminate the excess fat on your abdomen, to no avail?
6. Is your weight stable?
7. Are you physically healthy?
8. If you are female, are you done having children? If you have not completed your family and you are still considering pregnancy, you should wait to have your tummy tuck; the vertical muscles that are tightened during a tummy tuck can separate as the abdomen extends throughout pregnancy.
9. Are you a non-smoker? If not, take into account that smoking affects your body’s ability to heal itself; in addition, it increases the risk of complications during the tummy tuck procedure, as well as throughout the recovery process. Therefore, if you are not a non-smoker, are you prepared to quit smoking for a specified amount of time before and after your tummy tuck procedure?
If you are healthy, maintain a positive attitude and have realistic expectations as to what a tummy tuck can accomplish for you, chances are you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty in Baton Rouge with Dr. Guillot.
If you have external or internal scars from previous abdominal surgeries, you may not be a candidate for a tummy tuck procedure; moreover, individuals who have a substantial amount of abdominal fat surrounding their internal organs may be required to lose weight before they have a tummy tuck. If you have intra abdominal fat around your organs a tummy tuck will not help your condition.
Once Dr. Guillot completes your tummy tuck procedure in Baton Rouge, your clothes will fit better and you will feel more confident when you wear your swimwear. Your body will appear more youthful. You will have a nicely contoured, flat abdomen.
If you have a flabby abdomen that remains despite your commitment to a healthy diet and exercise program, you should consider contacting Dr. Guillot to inquire about the abdominoplasty procedure he performs at The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa in Baton Rouge.