There’s Never Been A Better Time To Treat Lips And The Lines Around Them
If you think it’s not possible to get a natural result when enhancing lips, think again. Many individuals who are comfortable with other types of aesthetic enhancements are concerned that their lips won’t look natural if treated. New Restylane Silk is designed for meticulously precise lip definition and line control for the silkier, smoother lips you’ve been looking for.
Restylane Silk is newest filler approved by the FDA for treatment of the lips and vertical lines around the lips now available at The Oaks at GoodWood Medical Spa. As we age, lips change and the lines around them become more noticeable. The muscles that surround the mouth can flatten and shrink, making the lips thinner and less shapely. You might have looked in the mirror and wondered what happened to the lips you remember. Vertical lip lines, commonly referred to as “smoker’s lines” is an extremely aging feature on the face. These lines usually develop as a result of puckering, sucking with a straw, drinking with water bottles, pursing of the lips, and smoking. Now it’s time to take action.
Because of its fine particle size, the best places to inject Restylane Silk would be in lips, etched lines, such as forehead lines, horizontal necklace lines, crow’s feet, or etched lines, or forhead lines or to improve volume in the upper and lower eyelids, as well as lifting the brow. These uses are considered advanced techniques, and should only be done with and expert injector like Dr. Feldman.
Injectable Fillers Before and After Photo Gallery
- The area is numbed with a topical numbing cream
- If the lips are being injected Dr. Feldman gives you a dental block
- The area is cleaned
- Dr. Feldman uses a tiny needle to inject the lips with Restylane Silk
- Ice is applied to reduce swelling
People who receive a lip treatment may experience irritation or complications, but the majority of side effects that can occur are tolerable and manageable. Steps to your best results
- Apply cool compresses to injection site gently, without firm pressure for 5 minutes up to 4 times a day.
- Reduce facial expressions/ lip pursing for 48 hours
- Avoid sun exposure as long as bruising persist
- Keep head elevated while sleeping
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 24 hours
- Stay hydrated
What to Avoid:
- Rubbing and touching the treatment area
- Applying lipstick or Vaseline and other lip products directly after treatment
- Consuming alcohol prior to your procedure
To decrease your risk of bruising, avoid taking blood-thinning medications one week prior to procedure, such as aspirin, warfarin, dipyridamole, clpidogrel, nonseridal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) St John’s work, garlic tablets, ginkgo biloba, and ginseng.