Obagi Radience Peel
The newest Obagi peel available is the Blue Peel Radiance. Obagi Radiance offers a unique blend of ingredients to provide patients in Baton Rouge a gentle, yet effective product that results in smoother, tighter and brighter-looking skin after only one treatment.
For more on the Obagi Radience Peel call our office today at (225) 366-6960.
Obagi Blue Peel Radiance is a salicylic acid-based product designed to improve a variety of skin conditions, including:
- Sun damage.
- Acne scars.
- Melasma (a skin condition causing brown or brownish-gray patches on the face).
Common Reasons That People in Baton Rouge Choose to Have an Obagi Radiance Peel
- Obagi Radiance Peels are designed to exfoliate the damaged outer skin to reveal the fresh, radiant and renewed skin underneath. In just minutes, an Obagi Radiance Peel can improve the look and texture of an individual’s skin.
- Obagi Radiance products offer our patients in Baton Rouge immediate results with brighter, tighter and smoother skin after only one treatment session; however, to achieve optimal results many of our Baton Rouge patients choose to have a series of Obagi Radiance Peels (generally four to six treatment sessions).
- This treatment offers our Baton Rouge patients little to no downtime.
An Obagi Blue Radiance Peel in Baton Rouge – What to Expect Directly Before the Procedure
The face is thoroughly cleansed.
A headband is used to secure the patient’s hair away from the face.
The patient is placed in a reclining position.
Directly prior to beginning the procedure, the technician applies the product to a small area of the skin. This is used as a test area to ensure that the patient does not have a sensitivity to the product.
Once the test application is complete and the patient shows no sensitivity to the ingredients in the solution, treatment begins.
The technician will cover the corners of the patient’s eyes and lips with a moisturizer or petroleum jelly as a means to protect these sensitive areas from the solution.
A piece of gauze may be placed over each eye.
Obagi Blue Radiance Peel – The Procedure
The Obagi Radiance Peel Prep Solution is applied to the skin and left to dry.
The technician applies the first layer of the product in a systematic pattern. Using a systematic pattern during application allows for even results. Many of our Baton Rouge patients feel a mild tingling sensation throughout the procedure: This is perfectly normal. The product may remain on the skin for up to 12 minutes.
Following the wait time, the peel is removed using a gentle cleanser.
The treatment area is rinsed with water.
The technician applies a non-chemical sunscreen to the patient’s face.
What to Expect Following an Obagi Radiance Peel in Baton Rouge
Obagi formulates its products to be gentle; even so, some patients will experience redness with mild peeling after their procedure. To achieve optimal results, patients need to keep their skin protected and healthy as they heal.
Appropriate for Skin Conditions
Dry Skin, Congestion, Dullness, Discoloration, Mild Acne, Fine Lines, Anti-Aging, Enhancing results of or pre-treating for the Obagi Nuderm or Obagi Condition and Enhance Systems, Skin Health and Prevention.
Obagi®’s Radiance Peel treatment is a superficial exfoliation, with little to no social downtime. This chemical exfoliation improves a range of skin concerns including photodamage, and results in an overall improvement in texture and tone. This treatment provides instant radiance: tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just one visit. Patients will use this peel to improve their skin in several ways: To pre-treat skin before usage of an Obagi® homecare regimen, to enhance the results of an Obagi® homecare regimen, as a stand-alone treatment, or as a series of 4 to 6 peels to provide the best overall results. This fast and convenient treatment can improve your skin’s look, texture, and feel in a matter of minutes.
This superficial exfoliation can be customized for each patient and can range from very little flaking to mild peeling for 3-5 days.
Tips for Protecting the Treated Skin
The tips below are designed to help our Baton Rouge patients protect their skin as they heal following their procedure:
- Avoid exposure to the sun – too much exposure to direct sunlight can cause the skin to heal improperly; furthermore, the benefits attained through treatment may be reversed.
- For at least a week following an Obagi Radiance Peel, patients should use a sunscreen at all times. The sunscreen should have an SPF of no less than 30.
- Skin must be treated gently and exfoliation of any kind needs to be avoided. In addition, patients need to avoid picking at peeling skin. The flaking, dead skin will fall off on its own, naturally.
- Avoid using facial products that contain fragrance for several days following this procedure.
- The use of beta- and alpha-hydroxy acid products as well as retinols and retinoids must be avoided.
If you are interested in learning more about the many rejuvenating procedures and products available at The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa in Baton Rouge, contact the office today.