CO2 Laser Resurfacing in Baton Rouge, LA
While traditional laser skin resurfacing treatments require a recovery period of a week or two, the new CO2 laser resurfacing treatments that are available at The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa in Baton Rouge frequently provide patients with the results they desire in a single treatment with a recovery period of just a few days. A CO2 laser resurfacing procedure vaporizes the superficial, damaged cells that are on the surface of the skin.
The Reasons People in Baton Rouge Choose to Have CO2 Laser Resurfacing
This method of resurfacing effectively treats:
- A wide range wrinkles.
- Precancerous areas of the skin.
- Uneven pigmentation.
- Lines around the lips.
- Sun damage.
- Benign lesions.
- A variety of scars, including acne scars and pitting
Furthermore, CO2 laser resurfacing treatment enhances the texture of the skin and can also improve functional aspects of the treated skin.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing – The Initial Consultation
During the initial consultation, patients should discuss the areas of their face that they would like addressed during a CO2 laser resurfacing treatment in Baton Rouge.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing – The Procedure
CO2 laser resurfacing is designed to remove the damaged skin that rests on the surface and is performed as an outpatient treatment.
- Depending on the areas being treated, this procedure can last from 30 minutes to 2 hours.Patients need to bring a licensed driver with them to The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa on the day of their procedure in Baton Rouge.
- Patients should consider asking a trusted friend or family member to stay with them for the first couple days following their CO2 laser resurfacing procedure in Baton Rouge.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Procedure Steps
- The patient’s face is thoroughly cleaned.
- In the majority of cases, numbing cream and local anesthesia are used to ensure the patient remains comfortable throughout the procedure. Some patients also receive a sedative to help them relax.
- Patients receive eye protection to wear throughout their CO2 laser resurfacing procedure in Baton Rouge.
- During a CO2 laser skin resurfacing treatment short, concentrated pulsating light energy or continuous light beams are directed toward the irregularities in the skin that are being treated. This CO2 laser is capable of removing thin layers of the outer skin to reveal the underlying smoother, younger-looking layer of skin.
- Once the CO2 laser resurfacing procedure is complete, special dressing is applied to protect the areas that received treatment.
Recovering from a CO2 Laser Resurfacing Treatment in Baton Rouge
Following a CO2 laser resurfacing treatment at The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa, patients may receive pain medicine to assist with any discomfort related to the procedure.
During the recovery process, patients should expect:
- An oozing of serum from the areas treated with the laser.
- Rapid healing.
- For several months following this procedure the patient’s skin continues to improve. Improvement continues because this unique procedure triggers the skin to produce additional collagen.
If you are interested in learning more about laser resurfacing, or any of the other procedures available at The Oaks at Goodwood Med Spa in Baton Rouge, contact the office today.
CO2 Skin Resurfacing
The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa believes that CO2 Skin resurfacing is ideal for improving skin’s texture, reducing wrinkles, decreasing fine lines and reducing discolorations by stimulating new collagen growth. A number of technologies are available, including traditional CO2 lasers and newer fractional technology. CO2 laser technology has been known as the gold-standard in skin resurfacing for over 15 years. The Oaks at Goodwood Medical Spa offers the newest CO2 technologies with outstanding results and only a fraction of the downtime. Traditional laser skin resurfacing treatments often mean 1-2 weeks of recovery. New fractional technologies offer the desired results often in a single treatment with rapid recovery in a few days depending, on how extensive the depth is that you are resurfacing.
CO2 laser skin resurfacing precisely removes the outer layers of damaged and aged skin to reveal the underlying layer of beautiful, smooth, and younger looking skin. CO2 laser technology is the most common used skin resurfacing surgery today. The latest CO2 laser resurfacing technology uses beams that are scattered or pulsed at a very rapid rate. This method minimizes the exposure of heat that your skin undergoes which removes heat damage your skin would be exposed to as well as decreases after surgery recovery time. It also allows a higher power CO2 laser to be used to reach deeper tissue and more pronounced creases and wrinkles.
Dr. Feldman will numb the skin with local anesthetics and a topical numbing cream to numb the skin to help with any pain or discomfort. You may also receive a sedative to help you relax. If you are opting for extensive resurfacing, or if you’re having other cosmetic procedures simultaneously, Dr. Feldman may use a general anesthetic. Afterwards, Dr. Feldman will provide painkillers to keep you comfortable. In preparation, your face will be thoroughly cleaned and you will be given eye protection to wear during the procedure.
Co2 laser resurfacing is usually done on an outpatient basis and typically takes 30 minutes for the actual procedure but plan on being here for 2 hours.
Benifits of CO2 laser skin resurfacing include deeper scar and damaged tissue removal. By removing the damaged outer layer of skin, CO2 laser skin resurfacing treatment can slow down and reverse the process of aging. Further CO2 laser treatments include treating uneven pigmentation, precancerous spots, photodamage, acne scars, deep wrinkles, smokers lines around the lips,and benign lesions.
If you believe skin resurfacing surgery is right for you, a consultation will be made with Dr. Feldman, so you can carefully analyze your skin to determine if you are a candidate for the procedure.